Thursday, August 18, 2005

PolCom

I've decided that my running info should be separate from my other observations so anything that is of a political or current affairs nature will be under my PolCom titles. You will have to read each one, as I'm not going to give them unique titles, in case the content changes tack midway.

For the first item.
I'm appalled at the number of times we hear that the judicial system does not allow for true justice of victimsof crime. The recent example on ACA this week. A father lost his 9yo boy to an unlicensed teen who was drink driving. Gues what?? The driver got off due to a technicality.

How often is a crime accidental? At what point do the choice of actions leading up to a crime remove any innocence for actions afterwards? Why is the focus so much on the actual time of the event, when in reality the innocence of the criminal was removed much earlier through their choice of actions.

How many of these stories need to be told before something is done about it?? I don't yet know what I can do, but I can't sit and just hope it does not happen to me andmy family. If my family or someone I'm close to is ever a victim of crime I would like to know I did something to ensure their justice was received.

What should we do? Maybe a question for all of us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home