Saturday, June 10, 2006

Back in the routine, Runs 71/72

Friday morning, was a trek into the city to meet up with Stu for a leisurely cruise along the river. The normal meeting place was shifted, and as I was a bit early I took a longer route via the Fitzroy Gardens to add a bit to the run. I met Stu at Fed Sq, and then we did a loop up to Church/Chapel St and back. It was a little cool, but again only the fingers got annoying.
After leaving Stu it was back to the car, probably just short of 60min running. A good workout.

Saturday at Jells Park for the Start to Finish training groups. I was supposed to have the 12k med/slow. But lack of numbers saw the 12k run together. I played the role of back-marker / sweeper. It was a good run and the girl I ended up running with probably went quicker than normal, but I think she enjoyed the run and did not struggle with the pace, so would have gained some confidence from that. About 63min.

That was my first consecutive days running since GOR, my legs still feel a little heavy on some runs, but overall it is pretty good just to be running regularly.

1 Comments:

At 11/6/06 8:31 AM, Blogger Stu Mac said...

Thanks for the run on Friday Clarkey. It sounds like you too are enjoying the RL stuff, not a bad way of testing the legs with your first 2 day in a row witha nice casual run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home