Thursday, August 25, 2005

When a bad run comes good....

Today, I slept in again….but fortunately I didn’t have to start work till later.

So off I went. Again to the Lillydale Lake, as at this stage until I feel more confident in my knee (suspicious ITB) I will stick to the flatish runs.

Started running at 8am and immediately noticed that there were less people about than on Tuesday.

Slow and steady, legs a bit sore and lower back a bit tight.

The lake is a 2.5 loop, which is too short and boring if repeated, so I took every little side trail I could find.

Went over the back to the wetlands again, to find that the pathway and new link across the creek had been finished.

30mins in and I’m feeling very heavy in the legs, the back is aching and the knee is getting tight, my quads are still objecting.

 

Stop – stretch – continue. Hello, feeling good, a lot looser and able to relax and stride out!! Excellent.

Finished the run at a better pace and feeling much more relaxed.

 

43mins running, and pleased to have made the effort.

My back is very stiff again now, hopefully it will work itself out with some stretching etc, and is not something other than my normal weak back problems.

 

Next run: Tomorrow in the city, or Warby trail if my buddies can’t make it.

 

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home