Saturday, August 27, 2005

PolCom - 3

If only I had an open cheque book.....
....as it seems our politicians do.
 
How often do we hear or read about the money being wasted by our politicians at all levels of government? Why does the public feel powerless to do anything about it?
 
Travel, personal perks, 'art', studies, meaningless projects.
At what point are we all going to stop and object to our tax dollars being thrown into the wind.
 
Allow me to note a few examples:
Lord Mayor - chauferred limo driver earns more than the Mayor due to overtime payments.
Home renovated for a released criminal because there was no where else to put him.
The Albert park $300,000 commonwealth games tree
Ex-politician pensions and perks.
 
I'm not opposed to taxes - the tax system is for later comment - but I am concerned that I do not get true value for my dollar. There should be a way for the elected members to be held accountable more than once every 3 or 4 years.
 
M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home