Thursday, March 02, 2006

Run 24 - Long on Sunday

Met up with Eat Em & Wilco from the Ausrun forum, for a 7am start on Warby trail. The plan was to run for about 105ish minutes.

We started at Wandin and headed East towards Woori Yallock. The rain from Saturday and over night meant that conditions were cool and damp. When we started there was no rain, but that changed later. We settled into a nice easy rhythm and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the early morning, although our chatter probably disturbed any critters nearby.

 

56min saw us at the Worri Yallock station, we stopped, stretched and headed back. The legs felt good the whole time, a slight tightness in the calves that has not cleared for a while, tight but not painful.  The return leg has a couple of long rises in it so there is a definite effort required to keep the pace ticking over.

 

I had been sent a trial pack of Sport Shield, designed to stop any chafing, and I was happy to report that on the upper thighs and nipples etc which usually cop some abuse were all OK and rub free, so I think I’ll order some in the full bottle.

 

Back at Wandin after 1hr54min, so a slightly longer return leg. Later in the day I still felt fresh and not at all like I had ‘punished’ myself in the morning, so this is a good sign that my fitness and running legs are coming along nicely.

 

Almost 2hrs this run, so the next one will go just over 2hr, building towards some 3hr30min training runs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home