Thursday, February 09, 2006

Run 16 - Fast at the Lake

Met up with some Ausrun crew at Lillydale Lake. They had planned a speed session so I thought I’d join in. Running a bit late I had to try and find them on the warm-up lap, lucky we both got our clockwise / anti clockwise mixed up or I would have been running a while before I found them…. My family were playing in the newly refurbish playground while I ran.

 

One lap warm-up, then back and forth across the levy wall for the fast(er) stuff. This was the first time some of them had run a session like this, so we took it nice and easy to begin, everyone warmed up to the task and by the end there was some hard work done. I found it really encouraging trying to support one of our runners to the finish of the last repetition, but not sure if I helped or just plain annoyed…..

 

While the crew grabbed a drink I decided to do a couple of laps of the Hospital Hill, it was a good hard work-out, and found the hill is not so comfortable when trying to push up it rather than just cruise. Have to remember about 3.45 for a loop for future attempts. Then back to the lake for a final warm down easy 2.5k.

 

An enjoyable session with a good mixture of easy, fast, hills etc.

 

Next run – Friday am in the CBD. 7am sharp outside Niketown if anyone is interested.

2 Comments:

At 10/2/06 12:12 PM, Blogger Jaykay said...

Definitely helped rather than hindered on the speed session....thanks for the encouragement :0)

 
At 10/2/06 5:46 PM, Blogger Stu Mac said...

Mick, I should have remembered that you would probably be at Niketown, I left the Barracks just before 7am, I could have met with you, oh well....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home