Thursday, March 02, 2006

Run 25 - 1hr in the hills of Chirny

After my usual leg around home – measured at 7.75k (last night), I decided to map out a longer course that I could use for Puffing Billy training.

My aim was for a 13k course, taking in as many hills as I could but avoiding covering my tracks – I do not like running the same terrain in the same run… -- Using UBD on disk I mapped it out, then today I was going to run the parts I had not run before.

 

I left the watch at home, and just ran a comfortable pace. Running a course for the first time does throw up some surprises, but again I was not forced to walk any of the hills in about 55min of running. I messed up the course, but not too far wrong so I know the terrain for next time.  Rough estimate of about 12ks so better than 5min pace is OK.

 

Last night I measured the full mapped out course in the car and it is exactly 13.2k, the same distance as the Puffing Billy race, so it will be a good measure in preparation for the May 7th race. Looking forward to being much better prepared this year.

 

Anyone keen to join me on a hilly and twisty course in lovely Chirnside – let me know, I’m happy to be the guide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home