Wednesday, July 19, 2006

It started out easy....

As you know I have been battling the slower pace when running on my own. Well an evening run last night, and it all started so well. I went into a new estate, so the unfamiliar territory kept me in check I am sure. After 20 odd min I was already planning my post about how successful I'd been in my quest for steady running......

Then I headed closer to home, which meant a nasty little climb up a steep hill. Once at the top I had about 4km to go. Snap....something clicked, I do not know if it was the guy in black that scared the crap out of me or what. But from here on I was almost in race mode. Quick legs and fast pace. I tried to control the breathing and actually found that the effort was not as strenuous as it should have been.

Once close to home I deliberately wound it right back for a 500m cool down. Home, stop, clock 62min, distance 14.15km......surely not??? Ok, even if I round down 5% for SDM error, still over 13km in just over an hour in some mixed terrain and a slow start..... Oh well, the steady training run will happen eventually.

Perhaps running before dinner would be better

1 Comments:

At 20/7/06 11:21 PM, Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Don't round down, just accept it on face value.......Seems like your kicking a..... now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home