Monday, July 24, 2006

Yada Yada Yada

I've missed recording a couple of runs so i won't bore with too many details.



Friday in the CBD - very cool, but an easy (with company) 13km in just over an hour. Great to just cruise along.


Saturday - last minute decision to run the AV 12km cross country. A grassy course that had more effect than the hills. Even the downhill seemed a little too hard..... In general a good run, the 4 loops were mentally tough for me. I finished in 51m30s. Lap splits 12.29, 12.43, 13.04, 12.40, plus the last straight 35s. A strong last lap was very encouraging.


Sunday - planned to run, but spent the day with the family instead. A night run was aborted due to rain. I didn't want another bout of cold/flu and the ' I told you so', that comes with that....



This morning I got a much better start to the week, by racking up 25km before breakfast. 2hrs on a mystery tour from my front door. For the first time I decided to run down the hill from Chirnside to Lillydale Lake, then a lap and a half, then up to Warby Trail, a quick down and back to Maroondah Hwy, then back to the lake. Over to the 'Lakeview'??? Estate, across Hull road and into Mooroolbark. A bit of a back street tour to the 5 ways then homeward bound via the trail that follows a creek to Bellara Rd, more back streets to Manchester and then home. A big confidence booster was the near sprint up the last hill (Maroondah Hwy) to home.



I'm actually getting some amusement out of talking to my non-running work colleagues. They cannot comprehend running for 2hrs or 25km and more. It does help bring my 'normal' into perspective, and helps me realise the achievement that it actually is.

2 Comments:

At 25/7/06 9:28 PM, Blogger Em said...

When I was in Qld tapering for the HM my brother said to me one evening "so, how far did you run today?", me "oh, only 8Km", my brother "ONLY 8 Km, I can't even walk up the stairs without losing my breath!"

LOL it is all about perspective, and to be brutally honest I said to my dear brother, that is because you are a fat bugger and you smoke too much, sometimes your sibblings just need to be told.

Sorry to ramble :-)

 
At 29/7/06 12:25 PM, Blogger Jaykay said...

It feels a bit weird actually being able to visualise where you've run, knowing the area!!

25km in 2 hours....now that's moving!! Great run..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home