Thursday, September 21, 2006

Counting down again....

Thanks for your comments and thoughts after my mis-adventure. The legs recovered very well. No running over the weekend or Monday, but Tuesday night I had a good workout at Croydon Aths.



Notably a 5m30s 1500m (progressively faster laps)


8km @ 4m12s pace for 33m36s (would have been a 8km pb in May...)



So even though it was tough work, it showed the legs / fitness were strong.



Today I had a very easy 8km, no watch, just cruise. A little tender in the legs, but was able to cruise and not just plod.
The hammys are a little tight tonight, but nothing a good stretch won't fix.



I was all ready to pull out the plastic and enter the MM tomorrow, but they have extended the online entry deadline, so I will postpone to the end of next week. Another week of trouble free running will help me to really lock away the confidence to enter.



Off to Cooma NSW this weekend, my youngest brother is getting married. So a long weekend, and possibly a run in country NSW.



Enjoy your weekend - whatever mischief you get up to!!

1 Comments:

At 26/9/06 8:10 AM, Blogger Vicky said...

Well Clarkey if you can recover that well from 40 odd kms, you must be doing something right!

Look forward to hearing how you go in MM. Does it ever get full to capacity?

I left entering last years Auck Half till a couple of weeks out for the same reason - to ensure recent injuries were going to let me make it to the start line - only for it to get full and close on the day I decided I would enter!

Best of luck, MAR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home