Friday, August 04, 2006

City run - in the nervous 90's

Todays run was run #96, so far I am 6 runs ahead of my goal for 150 in 12 months.

 

I met one of the usual suspects in the CBD, a nice mild and clear morning. Even though I ran successfully with only 1 layer on Tuesday, I will still double up for a little while longer, particularly in early morning or late night runs.

 

A 6.45 start and a gentle 2.3k before meeting at 7am. I figured todays run would be a bit quicker, since my running mate only knows 2 speeds, fast and stopped. So I just sat off his shoulder and tried to control the pace from there. He has been racking up the k’s in the hope of running a 89min half marathon. Which makes sense except that he is not confident despite his quick paced training runs. So I made some attempts to talk through the need to balance his training, to match his long slow with some short fast. But – still he kept going and going. That is one of the benefits of the forum, you can see others trying new things and getting results, so your confidence to match the plan is greater. 

 

Back to the run……we hit the river and went to Church St bridge and back, with a small extension into Southbank, all up about 8.7km. We parted ways and I went up Bourke St and eventually to the Fitzroy Gardens, a bit of a weaving circuit through the gardens saw me back at the car in 1hr14m (which included all stops, waiting etc) so possibly only 1hr8m or so, and covered 15km, so a good run with a mixture of scenery.

 

I wore the Vomero’s again, and despite feeling odd on my feet in the car, once I started running they were very good. The cushioning and ride is excellent. The soreness on the outside of my right foot did not surface. So I am feeling a lot better about the new wheels today.

 

Once again, I’ll be out in the darkness for an early Saturday morning run, most likely on the Eastern Freeway Koonung trail again. The aim is to get my 2hr+ up to 2hrs+ a bit more hopefully 20-25min more. Possibly 30km.

2 Comments:

At 4/8/06 7:08 PM, Blogger Em said...

Hey!! So it was you I saw.

Me - walking over princess bridge towards the city to start work

You (and a mate) - running on the opposite side in the opposite direction.

You were past before I realised, I am not too quick off the mark before my coffee (consumed at Degraves Esperesso not long after I spotted you)

 
At 6/8/06 4:20 PM, Blogger Stu Mac said...

Clarkey, I suspect your running partner's name starts with a J.

Sounds like another nice Friday morning run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home