Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Short, new, fast

Tuesday we had a pilgrimage into the city. With the plan to go and see the Museum. On the way we thought we might stop at the Nike Factory in Smith St, as I had mentioned I might need some new shoes shortly. Nothing for me (except some socks), but we got some Wmns Zoom Elites in hot pink trim for K, a bargain at $60 gotta love ex-staff look after!!

Then we took advantage of the free Crown parking voucher. Since we were there we stopped at Niketown, I decided on the Zoom Vomero, very light and soft trainer, $110 (more look after) and a singlet.

By now the Museum was out of the equation ---- should have gone, it would have been cheaper!!!

So off to the new Adidas store, to see some ex-Nike colleagues. Here we got some shoes for Master 4yo, again 50% off.

A quick ride on the City Cirlce FREE tram, and then back home

Finally to running: It took a while to get the boys in bed, but eventually at about 10pm I got out the door for a short sharp run. I decided on a semi-new course, a few roads in a different direction and a slight extension to run in some different streets. I decided to work hard and make it hurt. The start was mostly downhill so an ideal warm-up. Nearly all the hills were in the 2nd half of the run. It felt pretty quick, the only annoyance was the slight sore spot on the outside of my foot. I got the turns wrong in one place, but kept going. The later hills hurt. Home in 34m, SDM showed 8km, so 4.15 pace despite the hills and the stops for wrong turns and crossings etc. Happy with the pace. Finished off with a 1.5km cool down.

A good start to the month. Last month was 218km with mostly 1hr plus sessions, several over 2hr and 25km+, its nice to have some good k's in the legs. Perhaps a longish race is on the horizon, but I'd need to juggle my roster for that....

1 Comments:

At 3/8/06 10:30 PM, Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

I have my regular runs and every now and then it's nice to alter them somewhat or do something completely different.

You certainly like your late night running, no doubt for family reasons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home