Saturday, July 29, 2006

Long Run with company

Early this morning, I started the run that will take my weekly total to 80km.....but in reality it just made my fortnight 119km, and so 60km average, which is still better than previous weeks.
My week ends on Sunday, but highly unlikely I'll run tomorrow, I do not want to push it too much.

Leaving home at 6am, I made my way down towards Mooroolbark via Victoria/Mooroolbark Rd. Then onto Hull Rd to meet Tony (Tiger Boy)at Cardigan Rd. From here we determined a rough plan of 90min+. Up Hull Rd to Croydon, Mt Dandy Rd to Carcoola, to Mullum Mullum Creek, to Yarra Rd - past un-named runner's house - to Maroondah Hwy, to Exeter Rd - nearby to another unnamed runner's house - to Lyons Rd, to Black Springs Rd, to Yarra Valley Bvd, through the estate to Kimberly Reserve, to Edwards Rd (via new estate), then onto Home through Chirnside Sts. All up, 26km+, 2hr10m on a hilly course which included some grassy uneven sections late in the run.

I was very happy for the company, as a few sections would have been pretty draining on my own. The morning was great, only a handful of rain drops, and all done before 8.30am

A rest now for a day or two, then back into it. With most runs being 12km+ recently, I might go for a shorter sharper session or two. Or maybe same length, but with some fast sections midway.

PS. If Jaykay was visualising last time, then this course will have made it worse, going so close to home....enjoy the journey.

4 Comments:

At 29/7/06 8:50 PM, Blogger Jaykay said...

Wow that was some hilly course there. And you should have stopped by for a cuppa.

I was awake....honest!!

 
At 30/7/06 6:24 PM, Blogger Stu Mac said...

A long run with company is always good.

 
At 30/7/06 8:24 PM, Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Running past everybody's house. You didn't run past mine in Werribee. Now that would have been a long run.

Long runs are always better with company.

 
At 31/7/06 5:44 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Good job there are no freaks on the internet and you haven't told them where JK and I live LOL ;-)

You could have banged on the door at least, I over slept and was in danger of being late for work!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home