Monday, April 30, 2007

30th April - Easy morning

Mrs C got me up and going this morning which was appreciated, since I've been tending to take the easier (lazier) path to night time running....

Figured I would just roll around for about 40odd mins today. Took in a nice gentle downhill warm-up, then decended into the valley of mist....how cool, and how cold....its been a while since the fingers were chilly.

Got to just about 5km and then stopped for 90sec for a bit of a loosener stretch. Again, I was faced with some gentle reminders. Again, I am sure the problem is now just inflamation management, as the pain / problem is certainly not getting worse.

Homeward bound via a couple of nice hills just to get the heart pumping. Felt crap on the 2nd last one, but fought to the top. Snapped into gear for the final hill and moved much better.

All up, a tad over 8.2km, 38.30min running. A nice easy start to the day.

April has been my best month for the year, running 12 times.
Approx total distance 177km, approx ave pace 4m40s.

Ummm....I think I just figured out my issue with the niggle, its a long time since I got anywhere near those kind of numbers, but I honestly didn't ever feel like I was pushing the boundaries....
At least I am still running and managing the small problem.

I was hoping to gear up for an assult on my 10km pb at Sandown, but now we are travelling to Sydney for a wedding & also a meeting for my latest business opportunity investigations (I'd love to say more but this is not the right place....sorry)

3 Comments:

At 1/5/07 1:23 PM, Blogger Stu Mac said...

Let's hope that the knee problem is managed easily and disappears with some management.

Too bad re Sandown

 
At 1/5/07 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may be hard to get going in the AM but once you do it is so worth it, especially when you get home and can relax :-)

 
At 1/5/07 9:00 PM, Blogger Vicky said...

Secret squirrel !!

Just had a good laugh at your cricket commentary post from the 25th!

Thanks for all of your advice on my latest injury - stretching, icing, massage, new shoes - they really are so important and our best friends!

Cheers, MAR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home