Saturday, April 21, 2007

21st April - Long 2hrs

After a late one finishing at nearly 10pm last night, I knew a run this morning at 7am would be on tired legs.

But, at the same time I figured this would be good for me in the long term.

I planned on doing a loop we've run before that takes in Croydon and Bayswater, Heathmont and Ringwood. This route is approx 20km so I needed to add a bit. So with an extension from Croydon North and via Mooroolbark.

Deliberately taking it easy, the pace was very gentle and it felt good to be on the road with a long run ahead.

Once at about an hour, I started to figure that my extension was too far, so began planning a shortened version back to the car. It all worked out well. I stopped twice for 45s for water.

Back at the car after 2hr2min56s, so running time 2hr1m28s.
According to G-maps it was just shy of 26km, so average running pace of 4m42s.
Happy with the run.

Now, a little weary and....... a little sore in the left knee. Not a new niggle today, but definitely something that will flare if not watched. No doubt it is ITB issues, so I'm on the stretching, massaging, anti-inflam path right now. Its not painful, just niggly, but needs attention now to ensure it gets better and not worse.


Happy with the way things are going at the moment, just need a little tender care for a few days.





Shoes: Vomero

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home