Friday, April 20, 2007

20th April - Another late one

Even though it was a day off, I couldn't take advantage of the morning, so my run was again put off till the evening.

Left the house planning on about an hour on the road, so took a course that is normally 45-50 mins and added some extra.

Rolling along at an effortless pace, then it dawned on me that the pace was not effortless and slow, but effortless and quickish, so I tried to dial it back a fair bit.

Didn't work, as even the hills were just a piece of ground to be covered.

Finished 14km in 65mins, ave pace 4m38s.

I'd also planned on getting to the bottom of a shoe problem. My Pegasus TC had been worn a few times when my calves got sore, so was worried there was a connection. Since these were meant to be my new race shoes, I was a worried runner.
Tonight was aimed to prove or disprove. The result is it seems purely co-incidence, as there was no problem with my calves at all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home