Tuesday, April 10, 2007

10th Apr - Pram on the Lake

To briefly explain...... I realised that I wasn't recording anything about my running other than which days I went, so I figured here was as good as anywhere. Nothing fancy, no regular tallys etc, just a record to look back on when I want to.
Also, it will keep me honest to ensure I have something to write about.

Today was a day off, the eldest boy had a 'playdate' so I was left at home with number 2. So rather than risk missing a run, we packed the pram with necessary stuff and off we went.

Knowing that the family were in Mt Evelyn, I planned a run to finish at Lillydale Lake so I could get picked up from there, as I didn't want to have to push the pram back up the hill to home.....

I've run with the pram a few times, but never on hilly terrain. Uphills are typically tough, but also the downhill, due to balance and the fear of tripping and losing control. So from now on, only flat ground for the pram running expeditions. Fortunately we were out of the hills withing the first 15mins.

Got part of the way to the Lake and realised that I hadn't started my watch.....bugger. So with no other option I just had to run with an approx time.

Once at the lake I did my usual loops and twists including the wetlands. Towards the end of the run - guessing about 45-50mins in. I did a final lap of the lake, so figured I would do some splits to get an idea of pace. By this stage I had guessed that things had slowed considerably. So I was pleased when the first split was 4.40, so from this I guessed that I hadn't dropped below 5min pace for the entire run!! Second split was 4.20 for a 9min final 2km (obviously I pushed a little in the 2nd one...).

So given the load and imbalance of the pram running, I was happy to cover the 11km under an hour, and for the pace to be respectable.



Shoes: Pegasus

1 Comments:

At 11/4/07 6:33 AM, Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

I've never run pushing a pram but see heaps do it around the Tan. Must be hard up the hills. I bet the kids love it. It must make running easy, for the next run without a pram, like a car without a trailer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home