Sunday, April 08, 2007

8th April - Rye Run



With an overnight stay in Rye with family, I was keen to get in a run in a new location. Given my tendancy to extreme familiar course boredom, this is a golden chance for me.

Up just before 7am, long enough to get brekky for number 1 son, and be out the door ab 7.10am. Probably 10min later than ideal, since I wanted to be back by 8am (I was on pancake duty).

Brushing advice aside (so unlike me), I headed for the beach / foreshore trail. If it was no good I had a fall back plan, but the trail was very runable so I stuck with it. Until I took a wrong turn and ended up on the sand, then the rock pools, so I quickly scurried up a rock bank in search of the trail.
Here I ended up in the carpark, so figured I'd follow some streets. Eventually I found Old Melbourne road, so I upped the pace and followed the bike path, a good surface but a bit up and down. 25min then turnaround. Google earth figured about 5km, but with the trail not being straight, I suspect it was longer.

On the return leg I bascially followed the same path, but was able to avoid the beach, but this meant a longer 'soft sand' section. So I also avoided the last part of the trail and kept on the bitumen for a faster finish. Back in 23min, then a 2 min slow jog cool down.

I'll log 10km but probably more, as I know the pace was sub 4.30's for much of the run.

A great way to start the day, and thoroughly enjoyed the new scenery.



Shoes: Zoom Vomero

1 Comments:

At 10/4/07 3:19 PM, Blogger JH said...

wow, nothing for three months, then a flurry of posting....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home