Thursday, April 05, 2007

March 31st - solo then group

With the final Run for the Kids training run being a simple slow lap of the Tan, I figured I would do the right thing by myself and get in early enough for a longer and tougher run.

Out of the car at 7.15 gave me 75min till I had to be back.
The plan was for 37.5min out and back, along the way I figured a 39min out would put some pressure on me to come home faster.

From the top of Anderson St, I went to the river and went West, with the plan to go towards Docklands and past Telstra Dome, since I had never gone that far in that direction.
My problem began when I pushed the pace too much racing the row boats..... so once that was set I was moving well the the entire 'out' leg.

Upon finding the Capital Trail signs I followed that.
Getting close to half way, and I was not looking forward to the return leg, since I had gone out far too hard. So I began plotting a return leg, via the city.

At 39min (approx 9km) I hit Racecourse Rd, and so began my journey back. I got to Royal Park, then Melbourne Uni (??), and I was in familiar territory. To the city - Swanston St and the river then back to the Tan.

All up about 17-17.5km in 73min. A good hard workout for sure.

Then a very gentle Tan lap with the group for a 21km day!!


Shoes: Pegasus TC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home