Sunday, May 06, 2007

5th May - pre-race check-up

After fighting off the cold, and also the niggle in the knee by not running since Monday morning.

I figured it was wise to head out for a 30min confidence checker.

I didn't want all hills, so went to Lillydale Lake so I could mix it up a bit.
Cruised around a 2/3 lap to the path leading to the wetlands. Then did a loop of the new housing area, which includes a nice hill. Then back to the Lake, then a rep of the Hospital Hill. Hills done, now to test the leg speed. Decided on using the 250m markers for on/off reps. Aimed for 60sec reps to give 4m/k pace, which should be approx flat ground pace for tomorrow. It all worked OK, the pace was comfortable.

Finished up with about 31min running.
Seemed OK at the time, but a check of Gmaps suggests this is an 8.2km run.....so if that is the case then it was faster than I wanted....humph.

Overall, it helped me go into the race feeling much better about things, especially since the knee didn't even chirp a little and my heaviness due to illness seemed to be gone.


GTR report to follow soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home