Thursday, August 02, 2007

2nd August - 19km, 87min, Zoom Elites

Taking advantage of the day off, and with both boys otherwise entertained, it wasn't until 9.15 that I got onto the road.

I decided to head for Mt Evelyn, from Chirnside this is about 9-10km depending on the chosen path. But anyway you look at it, the last 3km to Mt Evelyn is uphill. Either gently via the Warby Trail or steeper and rougher via the Haig Rd route. I chose the latter.

Getting to Swansea Rd in 25min was a touch quicker than I thought. 15min to get to Mt Evelyn was a decent effort. Drink stop at 40min. Then down the Warby Trail all the way to Maroondah Hwy then across continue the trail to Mt Lilydale College. Slippery and muddy along the school fence for anyone planning on going there.

Around school and back to the Trail, then towards home from Beresford Rd.

My footpod had the pace at 4.33, but it overstates the distance, so probably closer to 4.40-4.45m/km.

A good time out there today!!



As for the Training Groups and MM07 prep etc.
I am helping with the long Saturday runs, but unsure of details yet.

I am not racing MM07, but may run the event in some capacity.
I've offered to be an official pacer, but if not may find someone who requires an unofficial pacer for anything from about 3hr30m-4hr....or maybe pace a faster pace to halfway-ish....then cruise home.

I'll be leaving my 2.55 assault for next year.

2 Comments:

At 2/8/07 8:38 PM, Blogger Andrew(ajh) said...

My goal is to run a sub-4 hour first ever marathon at MM07, so if you are seriously looking for someone to "unofficially pace" :-)

 
At 3/8/07 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not "racing" either, hoping to pace a 2 hour half marathon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home