Sunday, July 08, 2007

8th July, 17km, 73min, Span.

How Bizarre.....

Yesterday I could not put in a title for the post, no change today, but I did get an e-mail copy of the post....something that has been missing for some time now despite changes and updates to try and fix it.....

What a terrible weekend for running? No, not the weather. Just me and my love of a soft warm bed.

Saturday morning - alarm set, alarm goes off, alarm ignored....no running
Sunday morning - alarm set, alarm goes off, alarm ignored.....no running, go to work.

When I got home, I quickly changed into my running gear, knowing that I couldn't get out until boys were in bed, but I knew I'd go if I was in my gear.

Out the door, motivation not too high, air cold, feeling unenthused.

Planned on trying to go for over an hour, just not sure how much more.
The chosen route was all going to be OK in the dark, it was just an old course with the boundaries expanded to turn a 50-55min run into 65min+. Mostly got it right, but made a mess once into the back streets of Mooroolbark, although checking the map again showed I would have probably ended up in a real muddle had I taken the original ideas.

I kept the pace on the high side, but didn't take the hills too seriously, just made sure the momentum was OK.

Close to home I saw 60min tick over, so extended the course to give me another 13min running. Happy with the 73min for almost 17km. Ave pace better than 4m40s so the flatter sections would have been 4m30s or less.

At the end I was glad it was over. I think 60min is the most I can take at night in the dark. The mornings are OK since it is normally light by the time its all done. Tonight was a reasonable compromise for missing the all important longer run.... back into it next week.

1 Comments:

At 9/7/07 9:19 AM, Blogger JH said...

Sorry I had to bail on you on Saturday. It was Leo's first birthday and there were cupcakes to be iced, donkey's talks to be pinned etc.

I had a real dog of a 30k run on Sunday morning. Just didn't feel good at all.

I'll try again next Sunday, possibly at the Princess Park thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home