Wednesday, July 04, 2007

3rd July, 10km, 43min, Perseus

In what was supposed to be just a loosener after the weekend long run, it turned out a little differently.....

Day off, so I was able to run in the afternoon daylight - might have even had a little sunshine - at the Lillydale Lake.

It was ominous early after deciding that hospital hill would be a good warm-up when my right calf decided a spasm was a funny joke - yeah real funny. Fortunately it was something that came and then slowly went away.

The pace was definitely easy early on, but at some point I realised I was moving quicker than planned. It seemed a bit too easy so just went with it. The session became a bit of a Kenyan faster faster faster run. Mix this up with changing my route a couple of times to stretch it out you can tell I was just in a groove.

When I finished I was a bit spent, but not enough to feel stressed. Guessing that I'd been going for roughly 40min as per the plan I was happy. So imagine my surprise when a time check revealed only 37m30s, and almost 9km. So allowing for over distance error it is still an average of less than 4m20s. Given the easy start and the couple of hills I had, the last few km had to be at or around 4min/k. Without being in pain or fatigue at this speed I was very happy.

To finish off I jogged slowly to the water dribble (not enough to be a bubbler or fountain) and back to round it off at 10km - incl another hospital hill just to repay the joke on my calf.....

1 Comments:

At 5/7/07 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who was it that told me to just embrace the speed and go with it?

Don't you just love days off during the week, it almost feels a little naughty slipping out for a run in the middle of the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home