Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Monday in Croydon

On Monday I attended day 1 of my First Aid course, located in Croydon and a 4.30pm finish meant that I wasn’t going to miss a chance for a run.

Parked at the Fred Gale (??) oval and ran very easy along the creek trail towards Bayswater.

Passed a few walkers and runners, then I passed a guy in his 20’s (maybe), looking very sullen sitting on a bench beer in one hand, empty bottle on the ground.

It is sad to see, but for me it is a reminder of the fact that I am doing the right thing for me by getting out for a run.

 

I got to Eastfield road at about 12 mins so I thought I’d stretch and head back to the athletics track. As I am aware I need to take things easy on my knee for a while, and running a little is better than not at all.

 

I got to the track and their was a father and son doing 300m repeats, and it made me wonder if either of my boys will want to do that one day….

I decided that I would do some 400s  with a 200m slow jog recovery, each rep working a bit harder. I used to run 400m as a teen so it was also a bit of a check to see if I could ever run at the same pace for a once off 400.

Laps were approx, 1.50, 1.38, 1.31, 1.18 with about 60sec jog between, happy enough in that the laps did get quicker as planned at 1.18 I was not at 100%, but at the same time I realise that I will need to do many more speed sessions before a 55 sec 400 is going to be possible.

 

So after about 30 mins of running I was happy to head home. With my knee not even giving a whimper.

 

I was great to be out in the warm afternoon doing something good for me.

 

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home