Friday, September 02, 2005

Thursday night Lake run

Again an early finish at work so it was off to the Lillydale Lake for another 30-40mins.

I wanted to test a longer loop that I have run parts of but never as a full circuit, I’ve mentioned before that the lake is only 2.5ks and I’m not a big fan of covering the same ground over and over on the same run.

 

In case someone local reads this I’ll describe the course, especially as I did really enjoy it and will use it again when I visit the lake.

 

Starting at the playground.

Go left (south..ish), don’t cross the bridge, go left towards the wetlands.

Follow the path towards the main road.

Right at the road and follow it through to the newly created park area.

Head right and cross the footbridge to the new estate.

At the footpath go left to the wetlands.

Do a lap of the wetlands (on the corner of Hull Rd)

Back up the footpath towards the Lake.

When you get to the gravel head down the hill to the lakeside.

At the lake go right.

Follow it around to the bridge but do not cross.

Go right towards the wetlands.

Go right and go up the zig zag boardwalk.

At the top go right and back down the hill to the lake again.

At the lakeside go left.

Do a lap of the lake to the far end of the dam wall.

Go up the hill rather than on the lower trail.

This goes past the hospital.

Soon you are back at the playground.

 

This course took me 35ish mins, so estimate somewhere between 7-8km

A good mixture of flats, small hills, measured sections (lakeside), and changing scenery.

 

Even 2 laps at an hour plus would not be too monotonous.

 

Legs felt better than Wed night, but my ITB (??maybe) niggle returned, so more stretching on the agenda.

Result is that I did have to cancel my normal Friday morning run, but 3 days in a row might have been pushing it too much.

 

Next run will depend on how the knee feels, so perhaps it will not be until Monday evening when I might make a return to the Niketown Running Club.

 

It feels good to be running regularly again.

 

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home