Friday, September 02, 2005

Wed night trot

After last weeks successful start to my new ‘running habit’, it took a couple of days to get this week under way.

 

Last week I ran on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, I decided it best to take it easy and so I did not run over the weekend.

The beginning of the week was taken up with work and a day off that did not eventuate…

 

Wednesday night I was determined to get a run under my belt, so I took my gear to work and headed straight for a running trail near work.

I’ve run the Dandenong Creek trail several times but always heading south, so I ran the other way, and I’m kind of glad I did, while it not a bad trail it is certainly not as nice as it is when you go south.

 

It was cool and it was very windy, but I was happy to be out there.

I stretched a bit earlier than the last couple of runs, as the legs and back were a little stiff and sore, but it did not seem to make much difference.

Determined to get the k’s into the legs I pushed on to a 20min turnaround, and then walked for 60 secs before running back into the wind….

 

In a bit of hurt, I pushed harder trying to pace my way out of it and it almost worked in that I got back in 19mins and the hurt was reduced, or was I just numb??

 

Cool down was shortened as there were a couple of characters in the carpark that I wanted to stay clear of, in the car and home.

Radio suggested it was 9 deg – a bit chilly and more like the morning temps I have run in.

 

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home