Monday, October 10, 2005

Game 2

After the first round batting disaster, I felt more confident going into this game with some new recruits of a higher standard. Commonsense should have told me that they had not trained much and so could not guarantee a good result....

Anyway, a positive start, I won the toss. We batted. A good start, then it went bad again. Too many wickets and not enough runs. I batted myself at 10 hoping the job would be done before I got there, if I had to bat. At 8 for 60 odd it was not good. Personally, a little luck to start with an edge through slips, then it got easy. A cracking 6 flat to square leg and I was away, but with no partners I was stranded on 22 not out. I was disappointed to top score from number 10. All out 88. My top score for the club - I'll bat myself higher next game - Captains privilege.

Then the rain came, a long tea break. Play started, the rain re-started, saved by a washout....

1 loss, 1 draw.

2 day game next round, different all over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home