Friday, September 23, 2005

A long lap of the Lake

Even though I didn't get up early this morning, my lovely wife said I should go for a run anyway.So after 8am I went to the Lillydale Lake once again, as expected at this time of the morning there were plenty of people out and about. I tried to do my twisting looped course a little different today, again it was nice for the same course not to feel the same.
 
As I was leaving I went to grab my watch, but decided I would leave it at home today. I'm glad I did, although a couple of times I did wonder how long I had been going for. Right from the start I felt OK, I didn't feel like I had to force it today, but the pace was not fast.... The sun was out and the air almost felt heavy. I did notice that the gravel path had been topped up, so a number of the ruts had been filled, but the loose surface was not quite to my liking, I prefer a firm surface to run on.
 
Out in the wetlands I decided the stretch again, and as in the past I felt much better afterwards. Even though my knee was not painful, it did feel a little aggravated, but tonight I have no feeling of pain or tightness, so I'm happy about that. I was able to work a bit harder in the end, I even powered up a hill after telling myself not to be 'soft' about my knee...
 
At the end I had a quick chat to another runner from Coldstream who is hoping to complete a half-marathon one day. Its funny how the long distance running bug gets to people who just started for a 'bit of exercise'.
 
Hopefully next week, I can get out for more than just 1 run.
 
M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home