Friday, September 16, 2005

Friday in the City

Out of bed this morning after a shortened nights sleep, but with 2 boys and the recent cricket etc, I hardly notice anymore.
It was chilly in my small car - the big car had to stay home, at $1.30 its too thirsty - but a clear and fine morning.

I knew as soon as I was out of bed that the standard 36hr lag of pre-season cricket training soreness had hit....hobbling like and old man!!
So I decided to give myself a longer warm-up to get to the ususal meeting place, and I ran down Collins from the eastern end, it was very nice, much nicer than the Bourke St norm.
10mins and met running buddy 1 waiting for buddy 2. A little time to stretch. Feeling OK.
B2 didn't show so that meant we were to go to the Tan in case he was late he would find us.

Easy pace along the river, feeling OK on the Tan - ever noticed how the Anderson St hill actually starts about 300m before you actually get there. Knee is OK. Pace steady. On the final stages of the Tan and back along the river the legs start to feel a little heavy, but not ridiculously so. I do comment to B1 that I would have struggled a lot more on my own. Collins St again, we part ways, and I realise that the 'very nice' Collins St was not so nice going up.
60min after leaving the car, I decide to walk the remaining 500m, knee a little sore now.

Overall, OK run, disappointed that I can't shake the niggle, I'm going to have to be more diligent on the stretches / self massage / exercises etc.

Later today the legs are OK, still stiff from cricket but thats normal.
BTW, it seems somehow they have convinced me that I'd make a good 3rds captain, one of us is crazy I suppose time will tell.

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home