Friday, January 06, 2006

2006 Runs 1 & 2

As noted on the Ausrun forum, my new plan for 2006 is to try and get to 150 runs for the year. 6 days in and I have got 2 runs ticked off. On the 2nd, I missed my planned Jan 1st run due to little boys waking up far too early…, did a 30min trot around the streets and hills near home. Either I pushed it a little too much or my running legs have really gone off, but I was thankful I decided not to add the small extension that I considered along the way. A nice comfortable run, good to get one in the bank.

Today I went to Lillydale Lake and planned to do my usual twisting, turning, loopy laps of the area, I deliberately started very slowly as I want to make sure I enjoy every run, so slow and steady till I get my legs back. A great clear and fresh morning, seemed to be plenty of people out and about, but not too many runners, and those I did pass did not even smile and nod despite my ‘morning’ greeting, they must not enjoy their running…… Legs felt OK, a couple of stiff spots but nothing that didn’t pass once I was fully warmed up. Once I got the the wetlands near Hull Rd I did one lap, and took a rough time so I could estimate how long a lap is, then decided to do another lap but much quicker, lap 1: 5m40s, lap 2: 4m30s, so rough guess suggests approx 1.2k lap, second lap at about 4min pace, happy with that.  Just trotted the rest of the way, but realised on the Hospital Hill that I need to do more running around home before I tackle Puffing Billy this year.

 

2 down – 148+ to go…..

 

70mins running in 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home