Sunday, October 30, 2005

Game 4 - finally a WIN!!

One day game vs Boronia. Strong side, 3 changes.
I lost the toss - doh, but he sent us in to bat - woo hoo!!
No secret our batting has been fragile, but I was happy to put the challenge to the boys early.
A good opening partnership of 52 saw us on the way, run rate 4 an over.
Then 3 quick wickets. Things steadied a bit, but no-one took control of the batting, a few starts but no dominant runs. I was batting at 9 and was in with less than 5 overs to bat, score was about 100 OK but not yet enough. A couple of wild swings but no connection, then Bang - 6 over wide mid on. A few quick singles and lucky runs, one more wicket, but we finished on 8/132 from our 35 overs. Happy with that. I was 14 not out (season average 23.5, batting from 9 or 10, I'll bat at 8 next week)

With our strength in our bowling, a good start would set us up for the game. I opened the bowling as usual, and felt good from the start. My second over - wicket, excellent an early victim. By the 5th over they were 3 for 7, almost game over. By the 14th over they were 3 for 22, they never looked like going after the bowling, and our guys kept it simple. Every bowler was able to take at least one wicket, and they fell regularly enough. By the end of the day they were 9/84, a solid win. My figures 7overs, 2 maidens, 2 wickets for 5 runs - happy days.

It was good to get the first win of the season tucked away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home