Thursday, October 27, 2005

I'm back.....maybe

Last night was one of the most boring, but satisfying training runs that I have done for a while.

4 laps of the 2.5k circuit of the Lillydale Lake. As previously mentioned I normally take in loops and extenstions to the lake to make it a pleasurable place to run. But last night I decided to give myself a bit of a test. 10k at a steady pace – to see how the heart & lungs handled it, but more about testing the knee.

Lap 1, easy start then building into it all OK, just under 5min k’s.

Lap 2, picked up pace a bit, started to question 4 laps of the same, short burst of heavy rain, closer to 4.30 pace.

Lap 3, working hard now, pace just holding but a little slower than 4.30, had to concentrate.

Lap 4, decided to bring in 500m splits to keep me on track, a little up and down but just holding on at about 4.40pace.

 

Finished in 46.30ish, I didn’t accurately time each lap, so happy with that given, no warm-up, no prep, just running.

Biggest win, 10ks without pain in the knee – tight yes, need to stretch – no. This is the first long steady run that the knee has held up for.

Today, no pain so it appears no delayed stress.

 

Next run – tomorrow in the city – 7am at the front of Niketown, in case someone reading wants to join us – 2 definites, 1 TBC – for 45mins or so.

 

1 Comments:

At 29/10/05 7:53 AM, Blogger Jaykay said...

Congrats Mick

Must be a good feeling to finally be pain free!

I have run around Lilydale Lake a few times and it really is mind numbingly boring isn't it!

I might try your extensions to reduce the boredom next time I'm looking for a short(er) run!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home