Friday, January 06, 2006

Social Observation

Since early November, we have been dismantling and re-building the retaining wall at the front of our house. This has meant many hours working in view of all the neighbours. I think I have mentioned previously that we have been at our house for over 18 months and have barely spoken to any of the people in our street.

However, since starting on this wall, which has been noisy, messy, etc etc, all of the neighbours have become friendly, and come over for a chat or at least a hello.

I got me thinking, that perhaps when people meeting strangers who live close by really struggle for something to talk about, so when I was working on the wall, it provided an instant topic to discuss.

Either way, I’m glad that it has happened, maybe now we might slowly develop a little bit of neighbourhood contact rather than just people who live close by.

 

Do you have good contact with your neighbours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home