Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sensor Lights...

Wed morning run - cancelled. No probs, I'll run straight after work - cancelled. After dinner, boys asleep (almost), 9pm, falling asleep on the couch. Get up idiot!! Change and run.

I decided to take my 13km hilly course in reverse, I'd never run the reverse on this course. Feeling pretty ordinary, so taking it easy. Slowly warmed up and fell into a rhythm, after about 30min I decided to extend one of the loops. I suppose this was a positive decision to not get beaten by the run, this added at least a km. I determined the hills would be an opportunity for positive effort, using a mixture of shorter quicker steps and strong strides, the uphills were quite good.

The course was not as hilly in reverse, or rather there was more downhill than up, so it was not a tough course. In the middle section, there is a string of long downhills to really cruise. The back end - as always - was worked a little harder, more in a desire to just be home, but equally not wanting to short-cut the course. Total distance 14.5km. 1hr06m @ 4m37s. 2 runs this week and already more km than last week.

Are you still wondering about the sensor lights??? When running late at night, I am very conscious of the sound of my footfall causing curiousity or suspiscion (sp?). So I often run right in the middle of the quiet estate streets. But....can you imagine how many homes have sensor lights that get triggered by something (ie ME) in the middle of the road!!! Really annoying, as I would rather slip by unnoticed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home