Friday, April 06, 2007

April 6th - Chirnside to Mt Evelyn

With the littlest one down for a sleep I was given the chance to get out the door, while the others were happy watching The Incredibles and surfing E-bay.

I had in the back of my mind taking a course that I had run previously with Rob (Rogo), which goes from Lillydale Lake to Mt Evelyn via David Rd then Haig Rd. But I also didn't want to take the normal route to get to the lake. So instead I took a pathway via the Mooroolbark Hills and Hull Rd to Lakeview Estate.

This course takes in some decent hills, but the worst of it is right towards the end in the trail to Mt Evelyn. By this time I was feeling very slow. I got to the water tap at Mt Evelyn in 46min. I guessed it was about 9km, but Google Earth suggests 10km, so it was quicker that I thought.

But, 46min out was longer than I planned, so after a quickish downhill to Old Gippsland Rd, I took it easy for the rest of the trip home. Again via the Lake.

The chosen hill to get home was the main Hwy. This was the first time I had run this one, as I usually take back roads. 8min to run the 1.6km hill so 5min pace on a long hill after 80min of running was pretty satisfying.

All up it was 85min and 18.5km on a tough course in warmish conditions, so pretty happy with the outing.



Shoes: Zoom Elites (2)

1 Comments:

At 7/4/07 1:13 PM, Blogger Stu Mac said...

Its starting to sound like some consistency is returning... :-)


Stu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home