Thursday, April 05, 2007

April 4th - Chirny Hills

Determined to shake myself out of the blah blahs I have for running at the moment, I decided that I HAD to run tonight.

Out the door at 9.50pm.
I plotted a new course from home, but deliberately ensured there were some good hills in the mix. I also worked to ensure that I didn't push the pace at all. To begin I was using short steps and a quickish cadence and that worked to help keep everything nice and easy.

The idea was to just get through the run without pressing the hills or pushing the pace. The allowance I had was that the downhills could be fast. All I wanted to do was to feel comfortable moving around hilly terrain without real effort.

Towards the end I took on the hill that runs up Maroondah Hwy from Edwards Rd to Country Club Dr, Google Earth has it at 1km - UPHILL. So this will be my new time-trial section. Tonight in a comfortable but building pace, it was a 4.22 split.

Overall a 9.2km course covered in under 44min, so a nice gentle hilly run. Thoroughly enjoyable!!



Shoes: Perseus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home