Friday, May 11, 2007

10th May - back into it....

After the GTR, the legs felt pretty good, but with some soreness in the calves and hammy's.

On Monday evening, we had our normal family dinner, and this week it was at the in-laws. This is about 3.5km away, so I figured I would walk/jog home to get things moving again. Walking was OK, but when I broke into a jog the impact was not comfortable, so I power walked all the way home. Its an up and down area, so all parts of the legs got moving.
Once home I was glad for the outing. This proved a wise idea, as I had no real soreness afterwards, just a little stiff in the hamstrings.

Thursday morning was the next chance for a run after, a long work day Tuesday and then not feeling great Wed night.
With the family gone out, it was a cruisy morning, then out the door just before 10am.
Had a rough plan in mind, but was going to allow how I was feeling to dictate how far and how fast. Headed towards the Kimberley Reserve and the new side of Chirnside. Feeling OK, took the loop out towards the bottom end of Black Springs rd. Felt OK so kept going across to Croydon North. Then to Bellara Dr and the trail along the creek. About here I knew it was going to be a 60min+ run so I short cut a little across to Manchester Rd.

I really don't like running home via Manchester Rd so I took an unknown path through the suburb of Mooroolbark heading up McDermot. I enjoyed this route as it turned out there was one large hill and then either flat or downhill for most of the way home, rather than the rollercoaster of Manchester.

Home in 1hr8min, my foot pod reckoned 15km, Gmaps reckoned 14km, so I'll split the difference. Happy with the run as I didn't ever push the pace, just let it happen.
Hammys a bit tender but no problems.
The knee niggle is now a memory so I'm happy about that.



As for the goal I stated previously, it should be clarified that this is a long term goal for the end of 2007 or early 2008 depending on when I can find a race at that time.

So for Stu - I won't see you at Sandown, but only because I'll be in Sydney.

I just really need something to guide my efforts in the coming months, rather than the aimless accumulation of miles and speed.
I won't race a marathon this year (but still won't rule out a pacing effort if requested in the right circumstances).

So hopefully the rest of this year will bring lots of positives....fast running and some confirmations that our business is going ahead....

1 Comments:

At 14/5/07 12:42 PM, Blogger JH said...

I quite like Manchester road myself, especially the bits near Montrose.

Trees, horses, all that kinda stuff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home