Saturday, August 11, 2007

10th August, 6 x 1km reps (10km), Skylon

A morning run was postponed to the afternoon.
I wanted to complete some 1km reps on the aths track, but the wind blowing caused some concern and almost an excuse to bail.

But in an incredible show of strong will I went out.
A 15min warm-up proved the strength of the wind - it was a blustery day.

On the track, and the only timing device I had was my SDM - normally on my foot - so I held it in my hand and decided not to check splits during the rep.
My ideal split was 3m45s.

First split 3m33s - too quick but comfortable. Rest 2m27s
3m40s - 2m20s
3m42s - 2m18s (reverse direction)
3m44s - 2m16s
3m42s - 2m18s

During the 5th split I figured 5 was enough, but in some moment of madness I thought "why not 1 more" ~~~ After 300m I changed my mind and decided a quicker 800m would be sufficent and a good way to finish. It was a negative split 2nd lap to finish with a 2m45s 800m building speed to the end. Very satisfying.

With the wind etc it was both worth the effort and pleasing results for even splits in the conditions and without checking along the way.

Afterwards I went straight to cricket training, so overall an exercise period covering 2.5 hrs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home