Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Run 3

Monday night, I ran with a group from the Ausrun forum. There was 8 in total and it reminded me of my early days with the Nike Running club, its amazing how a little effort and some consistency can lead to good things. The thought of an organised running group near home is very appealing, especially in the winter months, but it can be tough with no funds and no real venue. Perhaps I’ll follow through on a thought I had and speak to the Maroondah Leisure Centre, they may or may not have something already and may be willing to ‘sponsor’ or support.

Anyway, I was not able to run much longer after the official start time for the run, so I parked my car at the intended turnaround point, and ran down to meet the group there. I guessed that the pace of the group would be very casual so I decided to work much harder than I should for 30 mins then I could ease it back while I finished off with the group. Well 15mins in I figured out I went too hard, but it is these sessions that help make us stronger, so I pushed on. Next problem, the meeting place was not marked on the trail end of the track, so I had to do a lap of the street block to get to the street signs…..but I did find the group. It was nice to meet several of the Ausrun crew that I had not met personally before, so to run 3.5ks with them was a great way to finish the run.

Overall, probably somewhere between 8 and 9ks and generally happy with the way I am tracking, each run the legs are feeling better.

 

Next run – Thurs am at Lillydale Lake, or around home streets if I sleep in…..

1 Comments:

At 11/1/06 11:48 PM, Blogger Stu Mac said...

Good stuff Mick, I bet it was good to put some faces to the names.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home