Friday, January 13, 2006

Run 4

This morning was the restart of the regular Friday run in the city, I reckon if it wasn’t for this regular meeting, there is a chance I may have all but stopped running.

There were plenty of times last year when I only did this Friday run in the week, and sometimes that might be a few weeks in a row….

Today I picked up an old Nike colleague who has moved close to my place, and we met up with another runner in the city.

Cloudy sky and a little drizzle but great conditions for a run, right from the start I was feeling good and had little trouble or discomfort on the tour, I even ramped the pace up a little, knowing that my partner was a much faster runner and could deal with it, towards the end running uphill on Bourke St.

We tackled the old favourite course along the river to the Telstra Dome, its amazing running along the river in the early morning, we ran past the Bolte Bridge and saw where a fun run will travel later in the year….its a long bridge….a lap of the Dome concourse and back, passed a personal training group on the way, and still can’t grasp the concept of paying someone else to make you fit – just chuck on your shoes and go…..

 

A good run of about 60 mins mostly at reasonable pace, legs are good and getting stronger again.

 

Next run, tomorrow morning, I’m a little behind already so I need a couple of runs together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home