Monday, January 16, 2006

Run 5

I am hopeless……I did not get a run in over the weekend. I slept in Saturday, but did play cricket in the afternoon. Sunday I could not drag myself out of bed before I had to get ready for work. So I am behind my target for 150 runs this year.

Anyway, this morning I did figure out how to get up in time, but only just. I’m glad I did, and it is crazy that I don’t just get up because I do enjoy my day better after a run…. I went in search of a trail I have seen on the map a few times before, but a quick scan along the road did not reveal anything, so I ended up on the Warby Trail at Mt Evelyn, seemed a bit crazy knowing that from there in both directions it is down hill which means an uphill return. So I decided take it easy for the first few minutes just to see how I was going, well lucky I did as I was heavy legged from the change in activity on Saturday, but after a while I did loosen up. I figured a 20min out leg would get me home in time, but as always a silly thought entered my mind, what about a negative split return leg….sure….uphill…..sure. Started ok, then kept looking up to see the rise in the trail, had to remind myself to ignore the hill just keep the rhythm up – early morning mind games. Then I just broke the run up into, next bend, end of straight etc, and it seemed to go much better from there. I also focussed on keeping the cadence of my stride up to ensure I didn’t get bogged down. Felt better as the time went by and I finished in 17.30, 2min15s quicker than the out leg, so I was happy with that and the good workout that provides.

 

Also did the maths for GOR Marathon, it is 4 months away……possible……possible. The Half definitely. I even have the day off already.

 

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home