Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Run 8

On Tuesday night I had to make my run a bit shorter than I would have ideally liked, and mix that in with the fact that I was running a new course, it made for an interesting run. I went to the Dorset Reserve which does a lap of the sports grounds and the Dorset Golf Course, it is a good gravel / dirt track and it is basically flat, I would love to say with confidence how long a lap is, but after my run I was a bit confused when I tracked it on the map.
I started easy and then built it up from there, as usual when I run on my own I probably pushed it too hard too quickly. I deliberately did not watch the watch on the way and my first lap was done in 16mins. I decided to push it harder in the 2nd lap (reverse direction) in the hope that it would assist in the lead up to the Zoo race, 2nd lap 15mins. Very happy with the quicker lap and was able to hold the pace right through. But when I traced it on the map it suggested that the lap was only 3.2ks, so that meant the first lap was 5min ks and the 2nd was 4.40ish, but it felt much quicker than that, so either the distance is wrong or my faster running does not actually equate to faster k's........I'll have to test the pace on a measured course otherwise it will play on my mind.

Run tomorrow Lillydale Lake - 7am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home