Sunday, May 27, 2007

24th May - Katoomba Cliff run



Our accommodation was literally 100m from the 3 Sisters, a rather spectacular geological formation.....this view from a little further away.....


So I had a look at the local bushwalks and chose one that indicated 5km one way, figured 10km would be nice. Just after 7am I had the whole place to myself, it was weird knowing that at any other time there would be people everywhere.


The trail was technical at best, and at times running was impossible, but I was thoroughly enjoying the scenery, the effort required to keep going up down over and through. There were lookouts regularly so I stopped to look often, as the outlook was incredible.


After 35min I figured I should turn around. Knowing the return leg would be quicker with no detours and stops I pushed the pace a bit, and the steps and rough terrain were no easier. It was a great workout and in just over an hour I was back again.
Who knows how far it was since the National Parks distances were not accurate (500m in 45s)??? But somewhere between 9km and 10km.
One of the best outings I've had in running gear.
Shoes: Pegasus TC

2 Comments:

At 27/5/07 8:53 PM, Blogger ŬńĶñŌŵŃ-ũŞėŖ-123 said...

Howdy! I was just cruising through the blogs and came across yours. You really love running, huh? I'm not much of a runner myself, but I love to walk and check out scenery. I've seen some beautiful things in my short lifetime. Anyway, I admire your ambition. Keep at it! Xxx

 
At 29/5/07 4:10 PM, Blogger Stu Mac said...

Sounds like a nice run Clarkey, I hope you and the family have a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home