Thursday, May 31, 2007

31st May - Let's cruise baby, low and slow....

If you don't have kids that line will mean nothing.....comes from the Cars animated movie.

Anyway, after last nights effort I decided today would have to be more tame and less of an effort to try and get back on track.

Decided that Lillydale Lake was the venue, I'd run 3 extended loops (3.3km aim) for a 10km gentle run. No watch, no pace, no pressure. Just cruise baby.

Left the house in absolute pouring rain, and thought for a while...beauty now I can say I'm a real runner....I run in the rain. Got to the lake, the sky parted and it was beautiful running conditions for a pretender like me.

The rain did have the effect of clearing the lake trail of humanity and I didn't see anyone until I'd almost completed my first loop, a very stange feeling given its a busy location most of the time.
By my 3rd lap it was back to the normal traffic levels.

2 laps of http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1004015 in the clockwise direction, then 1 in reverse. Turns out that the extension was longer than planned making a 4km course, so all up I ran 12km at an easy pace.

My car clock suggested I was running for about 56min. So it turns out my cruise pace on a flatish course is 4m40.ish, so I'm happy with that.




Shoes: Elites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home