Monday, June 25, 2007

25th June - 9km, ??, (Sp.55.7)

Tonight was just about getting out the door and I did!!



Decided on a newish course, in that I've never put the 2 peices of this run together at the same time, they are normally part of other loops, so it felt new.....down through the back streets past Bimbadeen Primary, then back up Manchester. Then I ran onwards along Edwards instead of straight back up the hill, a nice adjustment and a new bit of concrete I'd never run on before.



Anyway, I have just finished playing with http://www.mapmyrun.com/ if you haven't tried it then I'd recommend it even after 1 attempt. Mainly because if does all the same things as gmap pedometer, but it has an elevation tool. Very cool. I discovered my run tonight had a 92m differential from highest to lowest point, with 123m of total climbing and 125m of total descent. Nice. Meaningless really, but still nice for someone like me who likes useless bits of information on anything and everything.



I'll be mapping Saturdays run with interest!!



The other feature of tonights run, apart from it being an after 10pm finish, was the fart(tehe)lek aspects of the session.

Firstly I literally sprinted up a hill that I've been avoiding lately, simply to beat it soundly so I don't avoid it unecessarily in future. Then I allowed the pace to lift on the downhill section toward Mooroolbark central. Then on the way up Manchester I used a couple of the hills to work harder again. Then on the gentle incline towards home I did lightpole sprints/strides. Then because I could and it was a nice night, I walked the last 300m to home....no reason just seemed like a nice idea at the time, and it was!!



No watch so no idea of the pace.

Lower legs objecting a little, so I told them to shut up or I'd do another lap. But after Saturday I'm not entirely surprised.





While on the run I got thinking about nicknames, not really sure why.

I've really only ever had 3 significant nicknames (that people used to my face anyway) other than Clarkey, Mick or Mike.



The first: Garbo, from high school.

At Niketown: Oppa

At Cricket: Sparks



Now because its late and I need sleep, I'm going to leave you in suspense until next time. When I'll reveal how these names eventuated. If anyone can guess the first 2 then you are truly a genius, the 3rd is obvious (well I think so anyhow).

3 Comments:

At 26/6/07 4:28 PM, Blogger JH said...

MMR is pretty cool. It's very fast and the elevation thing is great. If they could let you import existing training data, that would be cool too.

For some reason, blogger doesn't seem to like the code they use to embed the map in a blog. I had to just link to it today.

 
At 26/6/07 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ate too much???

MMR looks like fun, will have to map out some of some of my favourite courses to keep me amused until I can run them again.

Looking forward to reading the origin of the nick names.

 
At 26/6/07 10:01 PM, Blogger jojo said...

im obviously no genius ;) i have no idea where the nicknames originated from..im hoping garbo didnt mean a) you ate out of the bin or b) you would eat anybodys leftovers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home