Tuesday, June 26, 2007

27th June - 10.5km, 47min, ZE

Given the valiant attempts to unlock the secrets I'll get on with the explanations.

1) Garbo - really only ever coined by a select few in highschool and quickly disappeared when the originator was drowned in a boating accident.
Michael - Mikael - Mikael Gorbechov - Mikael Garbagetrough - Garbo

2) Oppa - if memory is any good it began at a Nike managers offsite conference. Went to dinner and it was suggested that my chosen shirt belonged on someone of a more Greek persuasion, and since I am such a Greek I was renamed.
Clarkeoppiledes - Oppiledes - Oppa

3) Sparky - simply rhyming nickname from the cricket club.
Clarkey - Sparky

Today I was able to finish a little early which meant I could run in daylight. It also just happened to be the day when the wind and the rain were really cooperative.
In normal circumstances it would have been a dreary old running session, but I decided to head to the Dandenong Creek to see what the rain had done to the little creek we know so well.



Impressive wasn't it!!!


Looked to just get warm and going early on. Quickly got into a groove and the pace was OK. At the bottom end my course was decided for me, since I could not get under the road with a flooded path, and the thick traffic meant crossing was taking too long. So back I went.

With a plan to run 90sec efforts with 45sec float. It was a nice way to come back and using the up and down gravel path it was a little more interesting. Guessing the pace was at or slightly quicker than the 3m45s of last weeks track pace. I think I ran 4 or 5 before missing a chime and losing the pattern, after that it was just random effort sections.

Saw another runner out there so shared some insanity for a couple of minutes.

Back to the car, very wet and coolish. After stretching for a few minutes my face was actually sore from the cold....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home