Tuesday, August 28, 2007

28th August, 10.5km, 46min, Skylon

Ok, the novelty of not wearing a watch is starting to disappear very quickly. I am almost 100% sure that I'm going to join the lemmings and get a Garmin, but I am waiting to see if I can get a supplier 'look after' through work.
I'm now really struggling with not knowing how long I've been on the road, or being able to take splits along the way.

Tonight, I had planned to wear the new Asics shoes I have been given to wear for the Saturday training runs. But unfortunately, they did not feel quite right on my feet. I have not ever worn Asics before so I had nothing to compare to. I was not willing to try them and see if they would be OK. I think I might visit a shoe store and try a few different sizes and models to discover what the problem is. There is a definite ridge under the middle of my foot, it seems to be where the material changes into the forefoot. Even earing them around the house led to some mild foot discomfort. So my 'new brand' experience will have to wait.

I did not feel like plodding around tonight, so a brief 3 step warm-up, then I was into it. With a rough idea of the loop to run I knew there would be some good downhill running and some uphill to finish. Once over the initial uphill, it was great to really try and fly downhill. Keeping the pace up all the way left me a bit sore in the back, MMR tells me I had a stop and rub at about 6km.
It was pleasing to be able to hold a decent pace for longer than in past weeks, particularly after getting over the good hill on Black Springs Rd.

Given the finishing hills slowing me down terribly, it was nice to have an average pace under 4m40s, particularly given it was an after dinner run. Again it would have been nice to know what my mid run pace was like.... soon hopefully.

2 Comments:

At 29/8/07 12:50 PM, Blogger Stu Mac said...

Hey Clarkey, I too am not a fan of the 2120 shoes and I have worn a lot of Asics. Whilst there is no discomfort in any one particular area, I just feel like I have two lumps of hard concrete on my feet. Heavy and very little cushion, I would have preferred if we were given some choice regarding style of shoe, I would NEVER have chosen the 21 series!

 
At 30/8/07 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All hail the mighty Garmin!!

I love mine and wouldn't be without it, and even though I'm not running at the moment I can change it so that it can be used when I'm biking.

There's alot of useful info on it and it's great to compare all your runs on SportTracks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home