Saturday, September 08, 2007

8th Sept - 34km, Skylon

Tough week, flu / chest / throat trouble.

No running during the week, spent Friday afternoon in bed.
Felt OK on Saturday morning.

Not long into the run I realised it would be an interesting session with an inability to collect a full breath into the lungs. Not helped by me leaving my bag of sugar behind....meaning no fuel if it got really tough.
Very pleased the pace was easy, so I was never actually in distress or trouble.
After a while it was OK just to keep ticking over.

With about 5-6km to go the fatigue started to come on.
The last 20min or so was very tough.

Upon finishing the body and mind just failed, so it took a little while to feel OK after the run. Nothing a sit down, some water and some sugar didn't fix.

Even though it was not ideal, it was still good to get another run of more than 3hrs30min on my feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home