Wednesday, June 13, 2007

13th June - 8.5km 37min (Sp27.2)

Firstly, a quick blogland apology. I've been reading many of your blogs but have not been commenting much, some of the content has been outstanding entertainment - keep it up!!

On a similar line - does anyone know why my posts and comments do not come to my e-mail, I've reset the setting several times with no luck.


Social Comment:
Looters are one of the lowest forms of criminal
The people (loose term) who take advantage of others in a time of disaster that was totally out of their control deserve no leniency in this country. When so many others are filling the Aussie way of getting stuck in to help, these germs are helping themselves.
Is cleaning the highway with a toothbrush too harsh a penalty??

Child abusers should be lynched
We need a new reality TV show. How can we allow defenceless children to be harmed and even killed without then removing all future existence of the offender (never to be referred to as human). Why is there no automatic - locked up for life? or life for a life?
Too often there is some lame excuse about stress and anxiety brought about by children. Well duh, kids ARE stressful. Its a reality and fact. Keep your pants on if you can't accept this fact EVERY DAY.

Gossip
I always thought the playground pettiness would disappear as people grew older. At school I accepted it. In my first serious job it was a young crowd so understood it may still linger. In my current job it is almost worse than in the playground, and this is a much older crowd.
Today, my fellow senior manager had a quiet word to let me know we may have an infectious disease in the store, but are waiting on blood tests, worker gone for tests. Not 15min later, all I hear everyone talking about is their opinion on the situation. It seemed even the specific staff member could not keep their mouth shut.
It drives me nuts, nothing is secret - noone can keep a detail to themselves. Are these people so lacking in imagination that they have nothing better to discuss than stuff that may or may not be true, or would otherwise be considered best not spoken about.....
Does it get worse? If so, I'm off to the country to find a farm, at least I know the sheep and the dogs won't go on with mindless natter.



By the way, I ran tonight too.
A shortish run, aimed at 40min got to 37min. But the pace was quicker than I had thought it would be. For the first time in a long time I was bounding up the smaller hills, generally feeling lighter and stronger on my feet. Almost too good - it was great.
Even felt like there was some juice in the tank at the end.
It seems either the fitness is returning, or any remnants of illness have finally dispersed.
So very happy with around 4m30s pace including some reasonable hills.

I saw on Coolrunning a reference to using Excel to calculate pace in min/s/km. Its very easy, so so much easier than my old methods. If you can't find it, let me know, I'll add an explanation on here to help.

2 Comments:

At 14/6/07 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I assume you are referring to that low life who beat his step son to death, I'll admit I cried when I read it in the paper. Some people make it very difficult for me to maintain my objection to the death penalty :-(

can't help you with your blogger question, I could tell you how it works in wordpress though.

 
At 14/6/07 10:59 PM, Blogger jojo said...

sounds like a great run..i just mae up my own spreadsheet formulae for all the conversion..but then i am a little nerdburger..sadly not everyone lives up to own expectations of what is normal behaviour

 

Post a Comment

<< Home