Thursday, June 07, 2007

6th June - if it was 10km (Sp 18.7)

This morning I was going to go to Mullum Mullum for a easy up and down run of about 10km.

But due to time restraint and then a complete mental fade, it turned into a time trial effort run.



I'd been led to believe that from Highland Ave to the end at Warrandyte Rd was 5km, but Gmaps has it at 4.7km, and I don't think the straight line limitations would account for an extra 300m.



To put this into context, I'd been reasonably happy with the times I ran, but at 300m less the level of pleasedness is slightly reduced, but still satisfied given it was just me and given my recent training.



Down leg - and it is down given it follows a creek - 19m14s

Rest - 2min

Up leg - seemed steeper all the time - 21m26s (including 2 walk breaks)

Total time - 40m40s



So the outcome is that I can hold 4min/km for 5km, I think I was still on track for about 8km, but the back end was not pretty.



I guess its just further confirmation that while leg speed is OK, the endurance is still a work in progress.



My calves felt like they were being crushed, so hopefully just a sign of being out of condition and under pressure, but just the same I'll keep tabs on the general feeling.







Shoes: Span (18.7km)

2 Comments:

At 8/6/07 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always count this run as 9.6km. I remember Beki used her bike pedometer to measure it one time and that was what it came out with.

And you're right, there's definitely a slight incline on the way up to Highland Avenue. For me and Michelle this means that we run down the hill on the homeward stretch :0)

 
At 8/6/07 4:18 PM, Blogger JH said...

"pleasedness" eh? I've never heard that one before.

I invented a word today too - Fraggline. adj. Resembling a fraggle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home